Booking & Maintenance Associate
The Booking & Maintenance Associate will have routine external customer contact and increased task level and role(s). Job functions will have moderate regulatory and reputational risk. This position is responsible for booking closed loans into the system while verifying accuracy; updates the system to reflect renewals, performs system changes to loan information, and resolves posting issues. Additional tasks include monitoring insurance requirements and facilitating tax tracking service.
Loan Booking and Loan Maintenance
· Reviews loan approval document and compares against note for accuracy
· Compares disbursement documents to activation ticket prior to booking
· Works with loan processors to clarify or correct any inconsistent information between approval memo and executed loan documents.
· Books closed loans onto system and verifies accuracy of input
· Update system to reflect loan renewals or other changes to loan terms
· Facilitates advances and payments on builder lines using TMS system
· Performs address/port changes, payment corrections, and payment reversals
· Orders coupon books and equity line check
Administrative and Quality Control
· Answers incoming calls and correspondence from internal and external customers with loan or servicing related questions
· Investigates and resolves payment/posting issues
· Completes Non-Post report on a routine basis
· Ensures impacted booking general ledger accounts are reviewed each day
· Processes loan payments received in the mail
· Reconciles department transactions via front counter capture system
· Reviews various reports to include Unusual Interest Rates, Non-Activated, Cash-Secured, and EOD (Employee, Officer, and Director) report
Collateral Protection and Compliance
· Contacts insurance agents or customers related to cancelled insurance policies in accordance with required regulations and bank policy
· Facilitates force-placement of insurance as needed to protect the bank and in accordance with regulatory requirements
· Reconciles force-placement bill and allocates billing to appropriate loan
· Completes continuing education/training related to regulations, policies, procedures, and system enhancements
· Administers the Bank’s tax tracking monitoring service, resolves outstanding tax tracking issues, and updates information on core processing system
· Takes lead on comprehensive projects that primarily impact Loan Servicing and Credit Services
· Analyzes the issue(s) and solicits feedback from impacted staff before making recommendation to Credit Services management
· Takes responsibility for implementing and communicating changes to team and creates outline for any needed changes to action steps, procedures, or policy
Knowledge: Three years of related experience, preferably in loan servicing or loan origination and documentation. A demonstrated working knowledge of MS Office applications (Word, Excel, and Outlook) is required. The individual must be able to demonstrate an increased level of proficiency in various Bank systems based on role/responsibilities.
Skills: It is imperative that any individual in one of these positions possess a detail orientation and excellent organizational skills. Strong communication, interpersonal, and overall PC skills are required.
Abilities: Able to communicate effectively with people at all levels; use typical office equipment; able to comprehend concepts and put them into practical application.
Education: A combination of education, training, and work experience is considered. A HS diploma or GED is required.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement C&F Bank (the Bank) is committed to providing equal employment opportunity to all qualified persons and reaffirms in policy and practice that it shall not discriminate against applicants or employees because of race, color, religion, gender, age (over 40), disability, genetic information, veteran status (disabled veterans, recently separated veterans, active duty wartime or campaign badge veterans, Armed Forces service medal veterans, and Vietnam era veterans), national origin, or any other consideration protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This applies to all areas of employment, including promotion, transfer, layoff, termination, compensation, benefits, recruitment advertising, recruitment, and selection for training.